Paneer Bhurji is a popular and delicious North Indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer(Indian cottage cheese). This is a very simple and satisfying vegetarian recipe and very rich in protein. The bhurji can be stuffed within a roti, or chapathi to prepare roll or paneer bhurji frankie or kati roll. This recipe taste great and helps in weight loss and diabetic friendly. This flavorful dish is quick to make and ideal for nutritious breakfast. This can be served as a snack or breakfast or lunch or dinner.
paneer bhurji is often served and enjoyed with roti or chapathi. Please take a look at my another type of Paneer bhurji recipe and paneer bhurji frankie.
The leftover bhurji can be sandwiched between 2 breads slices with some sliced tomatoes and onions. This can be an ideal breakfast recipe too.
More Paneer Recipes:
- Paneer Tikka
- Aloo/Potato Paneer Frankie
- Palak/Spinach Paneer Paratha
- Methi/Fenugreek Paneer Rice
- Pudina Paneer Tikka
What is Paneer Bhurji?
Bhurji means scrambled. so this dish is basically scrambled paneer or cottage cheese. A perfectly savory, tangy, spiced mixture made of onions, tomatoes, green chillies (hot peppers) and various spices is then used to mix with the scrambled paneer.
This flavorful dish, as with most bhurji recipes, is quick to make and ideal for breakfast.
Weight Loss Paneer Bhurji
PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOK TIME: 0 MINS TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS COURSE: MAIN COURSE CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN SERVINGS : 2
- grated paneer – 1 cup
- grated carrot – 1/2 cup
- onion, finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- bell pepper/capsicum – 1/4 cup
- green chillies – 2
- turmeric, salt, pepper – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- jeera/cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- This can be eaten as is or Serve with roti, chapathi or bread.
- Use a premade chapathi or roll the wheat flour dough or multigrain dough into a circle.
- Heat a tawa and place roti/chapthi on it. Toast lightly.
- Apply green chutney on one 1/2 part of the chapathi, and place paneer bhurji on other 1/2 part of the chapathi. (mix little greek yogurt to the green chutney and use for better taste)
- Fold it in half over the paneer bhurji.
- Apply ghee or oil on both sides (opt) and toast till a little crisp.
- Mix Green chutney with little greek yogurt or hung curds makes it more tastier and adds protein.
- Adjust the spices to your spice level.
- You may use store bought tortillas or chapathis, wraps to save time.