Actually I am sharing this super simple and flavorful pasta recipe very late. I can say we are addicted to this pasta this year. Since my kids are obsessed with pasta, I tried many pasta varieties, all are unique and tasty as they are but this pasta is totally stole our hearts. I think from the beginning of this year, I have been making this pasta almost every week. My family is obsessed with this tik tok viral pasta and I hope you try this pasta and love it too!
This pasta dish is fuss free, flavorful, and with bursting cherry tomatoes. The dish is pretty much hands-off, and all the magic happens in the oven. Made with just a handful of ingredients, it’s no wonder this dish went viral in Finland and then people in all countries started making this. It is now called Tik Tok Pasta!
- Tomatoes: Opt for cherry or grape tomatoes for this recipe. Their small size means optimal flavor, and the presentation of the tomatoes when they burst is just stunning.
- Feta Cheese: Use a block of feta cheese for saucy and melty consistency. But I prefer crumbled feta cheese.
- Pasta: You can use any pasta you’d like.
- Seasoning & Herbs: You’ll need olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, dried oregano, thyme and basil. Fresh Basil boosts up the flavor. Play around with the seasoning and herbs if you’d like. You may also try substituting fresh garlic with roasted garlic. For spiciness I used crushed red pepper, if you don’t like to use it, you can just skip this one.
There’s something about baked feta and bursting juicy sweet cherry tomatoes that is absolutely irresistible. Add to it some pasta, and this dish is a weeknight dream dinner come true! I’m obsessed with tik tok pasta and I hope you try it and love it too!
How to make Baked Feta Pasta
- In an oven safe baking dish, add the tomatoes, olive oil, herbs, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the block or crumbled feta cheese to the center of the baking and sprinkle little olive oil and crushed pepper.
- Bake it in the oven until the tomatoes burst and the feta looks melted and little browned on top (and your house smells heavenly!)
If you’ve tried this Baked Feta Pasta recipe or any other recipe on Siri’s Food Lab, then don’t forget to like and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
How to make Baked Feta Pasta
PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOK TIME: 37 MINS TOTAL TIME: 42 MINS COURSE: DINNER, ENTREE SERVINGS : 4
1 cup = 235 ml
- cherry tomatoes – 4 cups or 1.5 lb or 681 gm
- pasta, uncooked – 1 lb (454gm)
- feta cheese – 3 cups or 12 oz (340 gm)
- fresh basil – 1 cup, cut to stripes (if using dry use 2-3 tsp)
- crushed red pepper – 4.5 tsp (adjust to your spice level, I like spicy)
- oregano herbs – 2.5 tsp
- thyme – 2.5 tsp
- salt – 2 tsp
- garlic cloves – 8, minced
- black pepper – 3/4 tsp
- olive oil – around 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Feta cheese melts at very high temperatures.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour little over half of the olive oil on top, and season with garlic, 3 tsp crushed red pepper, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block or crumbled feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle some olive oil and 1 tsp crushed pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 37 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts, and browns on top.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions. Drain.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven, press the tomatoes a little with spatula to release juices, then immediately mix tomatoes and feta cheese well to combine.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Add fresh basil and mix well.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, then serve warm as is or serve with sides such as garlic bread or crostini.
- Cooking pasta 5-6 mins more than the usual gives nice soft texture.
- Use only grape or cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes may not yield the same taste.
- Adjust the crushed red pepper to your spice level, add more for spiciness.
- You may use black pepper little more and reduce red pepper flakes.
- If you are not a garlic lover, you may skip adding them. But garlic provides very nice flavor to this pasta.
- If you prefer more saucy pasta, use block feta cheese.
- If using crumbled feta, crush some of the big chunks, keep some uncrushed.
- Use fresh oregano and thyme if available.
- If fresh basil is not available, use dried basil. But it tastes more flavorful with fresh basil.
Step by step photo instructions
Preheat oven to 400°F. Feta cheese melts at very high temperatures.
Place 4 cups cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour more than half of the 3/4 cup olive oil on top. Mix with spatula to coat tomatoes with oil.
Now season the tomatoes with 2.5 tsp oregano herbs, 2.5 tsp thyme herb, 3 tsp crushed red pepper, 2 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper. Toss until well combined.
Add 8 cloves of minced garlic and mix again. Create a gap in the middle of the tomatoes for cheese.
Place the feta block or crumbled feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle some olive oil and crushed red pepper on top of cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 37 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts, and browns on top.
While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the 1 lb pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions. Cook 5-6 mins more than the cooking time mentioned on the package. Drain,.
Take the baking dish out of the oven, gently press the cherry tomatoes with spatula to squeeze out juices, Then immediately mix tomatoes and feta cheese well to combine.
Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Add freshly cut basil leaves and mix.
Garnish with more fresh basil and 1-2 tsp of crushed red pepper and serve warm as is or serve with side dishes like garlic bread or crostini.
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something yummy everyday!!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube?
WANT MORE DELICOUS IDEAS SENT TO YOUR INBOX?
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog.com (Siri’s Food Lab) to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.