I am doing this a little late but I happened to try many versions and variations with this tik tok food trend with tortilla/chapathi wrap. This trendy Tik Tok tortilla wrap hack that’s gone viral is worth the hype. It’s melty, and soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, surprisingly portable and endlessly customizable! Make any flavor combination wraps for an easy meal! The concept is simple and easy, cut a slit to the middle of tortilla or chapathi and fill each quarter with your favorite “toppings” or “ingredients”. Then simply fold each quarter triangles onto themselves until you have a layered wrap. You can then use a panini press/grill to toast it or put it over griddle to make it nice and toasty.
How to make a wrap using the tortilla hack
Use simple ingredient swaps you can create whatever you want in minutes!
Tip: Be strategic when placing your fillings!, then be sure to place the salad ingredients in the center layers with the cheese on the outside. That way, your veggies will get less heat in the middle, and the cheese will melt more easily, that helps the wrap neatly sealed without the outer layer peeled off.
- Decide how many folds you want: whether you want 3 or 4 sections will change how you fill the tortilla wrap, you need to know this in advance.
2. Make the cut: Make a cut or slit towards the center of the tortilla.
3. Add the fillings: visually divide the surface area into 3 or 4 parts based on the layers you want and place your toppings.
What can you put inside this tortilla wrap hack?
This wrap hack is a great way to use up leftovers! But there really isn’t any right or wrong way. You can make sweet or savory versions. Here are some suggestions we can think of to make these tortilla wraps super kid-friendly:
Sweet Tortilla Wrap Ideas
- Bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate or Nutella spread
- Thin apple slices, Peanut Butter
- Fruit, yogurt and granola like our parfait but in a wrap!
- Bananas, Peanut Butter, Chocolate
- Strawberry slices, Banana, Chocolate crumbs, Peanut butter sprinkled with crushed cashews
- Marshmallows, Graham cracker crumbs, Chocolate
Savory Tortilla Wrap Ideas
- Subway Style – ketchup, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, cheese slice, olives, jalapenos, onion slices and capsicum (you can mix and match with available ingredients)
- Pizza – tomato sauce or marinara sauce or pizza sauce, cheese, pepper, olives, onions
- Mexican – Beans or Refried beans, Salsa, Guacamole or Mashed avocado, cheddar cheese, corn
- Panini Style – Pesto, Mozerella cheese, basil, Dried or Fresh tomato
- Pesto, Basil, Mozarella cheese, toasted Zucchini, Egg plant
Indian Style Wraps
- Pav bhaji, Capsicum, Onion, Tomato and sprinkle of Pav bhaji masala
- Bombay sandwich – Green chutney, Butter, Onion, Boiled potato, Boiled beats, Cucumber, Tomato, Salt, Pepper, Chat masala
- Paneer or Tofu chilly – Heat butter in a small pan, add minced garlic, onion strips, capsicum strips, Green chilly, Salt, Sugar, Pepper, Paneer or Tofu, sauté for 3 mins. Use this curry in the wrap along with Mayo or Green chutney or any sauce
- Ketchup, Green chutney, Paneer bhurji
- Green chutney, Potato curry, Tomato ketchup, Cheese
- Noodles, Capsicum, Fajitas
- Simply sautéed corn sprinkle with salt, Pepper and Herbs; Spinach, Cheese slice, Capsicum
Pizza Style Wrap
PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOK TIME: 2 MINS TOTAL TIME: 7 MINS COURSE: MAIN COURSE
- tortilla or chapathi
- green bell peppers
- onion slices
- mozzarella cheese
- crushed red peppers
- dried herbs
- pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- Cut a slit to the middle of tortilla and apply pizza sauce all over the tortilla.
- Fill each quarter with the pizza ingredients cheese, capsicum, olives, onions.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper and herbs on top.
- Then simply fold each quarter triangles onto themselves until you have a layered wrap.
- Use a panini press to toast it or put it over griddle like we did to make it nice and toasty. Make sure to brush some oil over both sides of the wrap first. If using a griddle toast on low heat for a few minutes each side so the cheese has a chance to melt.
- Use any toppings you like on pizza.
Ingredients: Nutella or chocolate spread, tortilla, strawberries, banana, cashew or walnut crumbs.
Bombay Sandwich Style Wrap
Ingredients: Tortilla, Green chutney, cucumber, tomato, onion, boiled potato, chaat masala, salt and pepper.
Slit totilla to the center, top with veggie slices, then sprinkle salt, pepper and chaat masala.
Green Chutney Recipe: Green Chutney
Paneer Bhurji Wrap
Ingredients: Tortilla, paneer bhurji, tomato ketchup, green chutney.
Paneer Bhurji recipe : Paneer Bhurji
2 types od Paneer Bhurji : https://youtu.be/kU35Z4f-yLk
Ingredients: Tortilla, basil leaves, pesto, sundried tomatoes or fresh tomato, cheese, salt and pepper.
You may also use toasted red bell pepper, brinjal slices, and zucchini slices for this recipe.
Pav Bhaji Style Wrap
Ingredients: Tortilla, bhaji from pav bhaji, green bell peppers, onion, tomato, lime juice, pavbhaji masala.
Slit totilla to the center. Apply little butter on 1 quarter of the tortilla, top with bhaji, tomato, onion, bell pepper on each quadrant, lastly sprinle with pav bhaji masala and lemon juice.
Ingredients: Tortilla, tomato salsa, mashed avocado or guacamole, boiled corn, hot sauce or sri racha, boiled beans or refried beans, cheddar or mexican cheese.
- Salsa Recipe: Best HomeMade Salsa
- Refried Beans Recipe: One Pot Refried Beans (In this recipe you can use boiled beans or refried beans)
- Guacamole Recipe: Guacamole
Subway Sandwich Wrap
Ingredients: Torilla, tomato, cucumber, jalapenos, olives, gren and red bell peppers, olive oil, cheese slice, salt and pepper. Use any ingredients available to you.
Slit totilla to the center. Top with all the ingredients, finally sprinle some salt, pepper and 1 tsp of olive oil on top.
Grill I used: https://amzn.to/2QFCFZ0
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something good and tasty.
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.