Best Homemade Salsa Recipe – This 5 minute beautiful, vibrant and colorful fresh salsa with all the raw veggies is very healthy, vegan and gluten-free. This is a must-have homemade restaurant-style Salsa and is one of my most frequently made recipes for snacks in the evenings! This homemade salsa recipe is very quick and very easy to make. It’s perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over your favorite Mexican food, like tacos, burritos. This is a best party food and everyone likes it.
This salsa is made with fresh ingredients, Fresh tomatoes make the best salsa, especially when you use nicely ripened in season tomatoes. I prefer Roma tomatoes for this salsa as they are little sweet and not as sour as the big ones. It’s best eaten right after you make it. If you refrigerate, the salsa should last about 5 days or so.
You just need chopped up fresh tomatoes, red bell pepper, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, some lime juice, and seasonings. If you like a salsa with less heat, remove the seeds from the Jalapeno and ancho chile peppers. But you can always set aside some of the seeds—if the salsa isn’t hot enough, you can add a few for more heat.
Visit my other Mexican recipes
How to make Best Home Made Salsa
PREP TIME: 5 MINS TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS COURSE: APPETIZERS/SNACKS CUISINE: MEXICAN SERVINGS : 3
|tomatoes(Roma) – 3 md||cilantro|
|red capsicum/bellpepper – 1/2||red onion – 1/4th piece|
|green capsicum – 1/4||pepper – 1/4 tsp|
|jalapeno – 1/2||salt – 1/2 tsp|
|roasted jalapeno – 1/2||red chilly powder – 1/8 tsp (for more heat 1/4 tsp)|
|byadagi or ancho chile chilli – 1, sliced||lemon – 1/2|
|garlic – 2 pods||olive oil – 2 tsp|
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped. (you can also chop all the veggies very fine and combine).
- Add all the spices, lemon juice and olive oil, Mix well.
- Cover with plastic or cling wrap and refrigerate it for atleast an hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Store the leftover salsa in refrigerator.
Tips for the Best Salsa
- Use the fresh ingredients.
- Don’t puree the salsa, keep some texture.
- Let the homemade salsa chill first to infuse flavors for more tastier and more refreshing salsa. It is just always better the second day.
- Roughly chop the vegetables.
- Add vegetables to a food processor or you can finely chop up the vegetables by hand then stir everything together in a bowl.
- Chop in quick bursts until it’s finely chopped up in the processor.
- If you don’t have the processor, This salsa can also be made in a blender.
- You can multiply the measurements for larger crowd.
Step by step photo instructions
- Place separately or all ingredients together in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped. (you can also chop all the veggies very fine and combine).
2. Combine chopped veggies, 1/4 tsp red chilly powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 lemon juice, 2 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 roasted and chopped jalapeno and 1 sliced byadagi or ancho chile red chilli in to a mixing bowl.
3. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate it for 1 hr to infuse flavors.
4. Serve this beautiful and colorful fresh home made salsa with tortilla chips or scoops. Store the leftovers in refrigerator.
[…] quesadilla, cut in 2 or 3 slices. Serve with your favorite condiment, like Guacamole, tomato salsa, sour cream or […]
[…] – Beans or Refried beans, Salsa, Guacamole or Mashed avocado, cheddar cheese, […]
[…] Both this homemade Fresh Corn Salsa and Tomato salsa(Pico de Gallo) are fantastic in this recipe, and they’re easy to make too. For convenience, […]