These days juice bars are popping up everywhere for good reason! Drinking fresh juices can detoxify the body, keeps your blood in alkaline state, increase Hemoglobin levels, prevents anemia, glowing the skin, and give a boost of energy and a clear mind.
Healthy Juice Recipes
Juicing is a powerful tactic used by a quickly-growing amount of people to lose weight fast, get proper nutrition, and help fuel healthy lifestyles. Vegetable juice can be affordable by everyone, very less expensive than fruit juices and provide proper nutrition your body needs.
By drinking freshly made juices, your body can absorb the nutrients better than eating whole fruits and vegetables and it gives your digestive system a rest from working on fiber. They say that juicing can reduce your risk of cancer, boost your immune system, help remove toxins from your body, aid digestion and help you lose weight. Fresh juices can give you a burst of energy and a clear mind.
WHAT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES TO USE FOR JUICING?
Some of the most popular vegetables are carrots, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, beets, tomatoes and romaine. The most popular fruits to use in juicing are lemons, oranges, apples, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, blue berries, banana, watermelon, cantaloupes, honey dew, papaya, and lemons. Other add-ins are fresh ginger, parsley, cilantro and turmeric.
You may also include Indian vegetables like bottle gourd, snake gourd, drumstick leaves, curry leaves.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES IN THIS JUICE CLEANSE?
- Cucumber – since it’s 95% water, it’s an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Carrots – known for being a good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, and potassium. Carrots have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health
- Beets – contain nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight inflammation, and support detoxification.
- Tomatoes – rich in antioxidants from lycopene found in tomatoes, also useful in cancer prevention, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and osteoarthritis
- Celery – low in calories since it is mostly water. It is a low-glycemic food and a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- Spinach – the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. It’s mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Parsley: Vitamin K in parsley helps blood to clot in addition to contributing to bone health. Parsley is rich in vitamin C, A and other antioxidants, which help reduce the risk of serious health conditions like diabetes, stroke, heart disease and cancer.
I don’t have a juicer, can I use a blender instead?
You can make this vegetable juice in a blender. Here is what you do:
– Cut the vegetables and apple into smaller chunks, unless you’re using a high-power blender, like a Vitamix (affiliate), that can handle big chunks. For kale, it’s a good idea to remove the tough veins.
– Place all the juice ingredients in your blender. Cover, and run the blender on the highest setting like “liquify.”
– Use a nut milk bag or a clean cloth to pour the juice through, and squeeze it and extract as much liquid as possible.
Mix and match other fruits and veggies
- Bottle gourd, Snake gourd, Curry leaves, Cilantro, Drumstick leaves along with Tomato, Cucumber, Carrot, and Beats.
- Baby Spinach Leaves (or 4-6 leaves of kale), Celery, large Cucumber, Lemon, Apples, Ginger and Parsley Leaves
- Beets, Carrots, Apples, Lemon, and Ginger
- Carrots, Oranges, Ginger, and Turmeric
- Carrots, Apples, and Parsley (optional)
How long will this juice last?
Any juice is best consumed immediately. If using blender, drink the juice within 2 and 1/2 hours of making it.
If using Omega juicer, it allows you to store the juice for 24 hours in a tight-lid glass jar or refrigerate up to 72 hours.
* If you have certain health conditions and if specific veggies are not suitable for you, 1st consult your physician before having these juices.
The Juicer I used:
I request you to watch my other Juice Recipes:
How to make Vegetable Juice Recipes
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
COURSE: BEVERAGES / DRINKS
CUISINE: SOUTH INDIAN
SERVES : 2
- carrots – 2
- cucumber – 1
- tomatoes – 2
- beatroot – 1/2
Green Juice 2
- Carrots -2
- celery – 2 stalks
- parsley – 1/2 cup
- spinach – 1 cup
- Wash, prep, and chop produce.
- Add produce to juicer one at a time.
- Serve cold over ice. May store in tightly sealed jars or glasses in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Shake or stir well before drinking.
Step by step photo instructions
Wash, prep, and chop produce. Add produce to juicer one at a time.
Green Juice 2
Serve cold over ice. May store in tightly sealed jars or glasses in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Shake or stir well before drinking.
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a comment and let me know how it turned out. Or, take a picture to share on Instagram and tag me @sirisfoodlab
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something yummy!!
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog.com (Siri’s Food Lab) to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.