This Green Juice Recipe is packed with kale, celery, spinach, carrots, orange and apples! Loaded with fruits and veggies, this juice is super healthy and delicious!
This simple homemade green juice recipe takes 6 ingredients, 15 minutes, and a juicer or blender (whatever you have will work.) Easy, healthy, and loaded with nutrition. And it tastes so refreshing! Add this green juice to your breakfast to get more servings of fruits and veggies. Homemade juice with greens and vegetables supports a healthy liver which enhances the detoxification process and can be a good way to kick-start the day.
First, clean and cut your veggies, wash the leaves, peel an apple and orange. Depending on what kind of juicer you have, you’ll have to cut the veggies to a size that fits well in the feeder / chute (the part of the juicer you use to add the veggies). With the juicer I use, I can cut my vegetables and fruit in long pieces and that works just fine. And don’t rush the juicing process by cramming too much produce down the chute at once, which can overwhelm the juicer and stress the motor / clog the machine.
I don’t have a juicer, can I use a blender instead?
You can make this green juice in a blender. Here is what you do:
- Be sure to wash thoroughly and peel the skin when possible.
- Cut the produce into smaller chunks, unless you’re using a high-power blender. For kale, it’s a good idea to remove the tough veins.
- Place all the juice ingredients in your blender. Cover, and run the blender.
- The juice will be thicker, more the consistency of a smoothie. If you like it this way, simply pour and enjoy. If you don’t enjoy pulp in your juice, use a small mesh sieve or nut milk bag to pour the juice through and separate the pulp to extract as much liquid as possible.
How long will this juice last?
Green juice is best consumed immediately. But, check the manual of your juicer; some allow you to store the juice for 24 hours in a tight-lid glass jar, and up to 48 hours if refrigerated.
Other Juice Recipes from Siri’s Food Lab:
If you’ve tried this Green juice recipe or any other recipe on Siri’s Food Lab, then don’t forget to rate, like and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
How to make Green Juice
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
COURSE: DRINKS & BEVERAGES
SERVINGS : 2
- apple – 1 big
- kale – 1.5 cups
- spinach – 1 cup
- ginger – 1/2″ (opt)
- orange – 1
- carrots – 2 small or 1 cup
- celery stalks – 2
- Wash and cut veggies and apple, peel oranges, prep all the veggies and fruits.
- Juice in order listed.
- Drink immediately and enjoy!*
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
- If saving the carrot pulp, juice carrots1st, collect it in a separate container.
- Need to save some time, do this step one night in advance and save your fruit and veggies in a tight-lid glass container in the fridge.
- Try replacing kale with spinach or other leafy greens of choice. Also try adding cucumbers and tomatoes for a change.
- Chop produce into small pieces that easily fit down your juicer chute.
- Enjoy juice fresh or within 24 hours for best flavor / nutrient content (store leftovers well-sealed in the refrigerator for 48 hrs).
- Save the leftover pulp for use in things like crackers, breads, and cakes (results will vary depending on the type of pulp you have), curries, parathas, raitas.
Step by step photo instructions
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a comment and let me know how it turned out. Or, take a picture to share on Instagram and tag me @sirisfoodlab
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something yummy!!
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog.com (Siri’s Food Lab) to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.