This Green kobbera karam/green chilli coconut paste comes very handy in so many curries. This can be made in bulk and refrigerated or frozen for future use. It will be good for months if frozen. If you are the person who likes curries with no masalas, this is a nice option to add spiciness to curries.
Adding a little lemon juice while grinding gives and retains nice color to this paste.
How to use Coconut + Green chilly masala Paste
- You can use this in vegetable raita recipes, curries, rice and puffed rice.
- Use this paste in Cucumber raita | Dosakaya perugu pachadi, carrot raita, snake gourd raita, bottle gourd raita, beerakaya/turai raita..
- Use it in curries like cucumber, bottle gourd, carrot, snake gourd, beerakaya, brinjal, spinach curry, dondakaya/tindora, bendakaya/okra, beans, pumpkin curry… and many more… you name it, you can use in any veggie curry for rice and roti.
- If you just mix it with puffed rice along with few teaspoons of oil and fresh grated coconut, your evening snack will be ready in just 2 minutes.
- Use this in guggullu or sundal recipes for spiciness.
- Use it in Uggani (Puffed rice upma), Poha upma instead of using green chillies.
Making Green Kobbera Karam
PREP TIME: 2 MINS READY IN : 5 MINS TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS COURSE: DIY, MASALAS CUISINE:INDIAN
- green chillies – 1.25 cups
- fresh coconut – 1/3 cup
- salt – 3.5 tsp
- lemon juice – 1/4 lemon
- turmeric – 1/4 tsp
step by step photo instructions
- Rinse green chillies under running water. First grind coconut, salt, and turmeric. Then add green chillies and lemon juice. Store in freezer safe container. Refrigerate or freeze.