One Powder – 15+ uses?? 😲🤐
Wow!! It must be a very special powder.. 😲 – yes.. Hmm..🤔 wait.. no.. not very special though 😏
But Is it hard to make?? 🤨 Ans: No 😌
Will it take so much effort and time to make it? 😓 Ans: No 😃
Yay.. Then please tell me how to make it.. and how can we use in SO many ways.. 😕 and what powder is it anyway 😏?
Here.. I’ve already shared this simple powder recipe looong back.. I posted it again.. here is the link Pappula Podi,
Pappula Podi 😞??? I know this🙄.. what’s so special about this 🤷♀️?
It’s not about just the PAPPULA PODI, it’s all about how to use it creatively and how many ways you can use and get the most out of it 😋. You can create new recipes with this podi.. you know…
Okay…. go on…
That’s good.. Let us see what this is all about… Refer the video as well for easy understanding…
Here is the video for your convenience..
Usage & Creation 👩🍳
1. Pappula Podi Chapathi/Paratha
- Pinch a small ball of chapathi dough(wheat flour dough), roll it into 4-5″ disc, apply 1-2 tsp of oil, spread pappula podi evenly, then fold it and roll it into big chapathi or paratha. Cook it same as chapathi. Serve hot..
- These are very good for traveling too.
2. Pappula Podi & Mango Pickle Chapathi/Paratha
- In a cup, mix mango pickle and pappula podi with little oil (don’t add oil if your pickle has so much oil in it).
- Roll the chapathi dough into 4″ circle, then apply this paste from step 1, fold, roll, cook.
- This is even the best food option when traveling.
3. Pappula Podi Chutney
- Just simply mix Pappula podi and yogurt to make chutney. This chutney is very tasty and you just want to lick everything up just like that.
- This chutney is useful when you are not in the mood of making chutney or if there is any shortage of chutney for idly or dosa. This chutney is even good with chapathi and jowar roti.
4. Good Combination with any upma
Good side dish for any upma, ex: Semiya upma, Rice Rava Upma, Wheat Rava Upma, Sooji upma, Neella Upma, Masala Upma, and Tomato bath.
5. Goes well with Rice Sevai, Pulagam, Uggani, Poha Upma, Pulusatukulu.
6. Wheat Flour Dosa
- We don’t need any chutney if you make wheat flour dosa this way.
- Pour Wheat flour dosa batter on dosa pan. Sprinkle some pappula podi, finely chopped onions and finely chopped tomatoes.
- Works as a best topping on any kind of Uthappam, ex: Idly batter uthappam, Dosa batter Uthappam, Bread Uthappam, Sooji Uthappam and any kind of pan cake style dosas.
- Just sprinkle pappula podi, finely chopped onion, grated carrot, cilantro, finely copped tomato, finely chopped green chilies.
8. Mamidikaya Pachadi & Pappula Podi Rice
- Leftover Magic: If you have any leftover rice, you can mix this yummy rice instantly.
- Mix the rice with Mango Pickle & Some Pappula Podi and little oil (Use ghee for fresh hot rice) (oil tastes good with leftover rice). Serve. Good to bite on mango piece from the pickle with rice.
Tip: You can add some seasoning (heat oil, add urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera/cumin, and few curry leaves) to this rice to make it even tastier and it tastes good with crunchy dal when chewing.
9. Toasted Mango Pickle & Pappula Podi Rice
- Mix the rice same as in step 8. This time, heat a pan, heat 2-3 tsp oil, add urad dal/black gram, mustard seeds, jeera and few curry leaves.
- When the dal turns golden and mustard seeds sputter, add rice and mix, Cook till the rice becomes hot. Serve.
- This rice tastes lot different than the rice from step 8.
- This is a snack item with leftover Idly.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, place Idly, shallow fry both sides, sprinkle Pappula Podi on one side. Serve. This way Idly tastes great with little crispy and spicy and with very less oil (not deep frying).
11. Chinthakaya Pachadi (Fresh Tamarind Pickle) & Pappula Podi Rice
Mix Chinthakaya Pachadi, Pappula Podi and 2-3 tsp oil with leftover rice. Serve. (use ghee with hot rice).
12. Evening Snack
Take puffed rice(murmura) in a bowl, mix it with Pappula Podi and little oil to make an instant evening snack.
13. Instant Curry
- Mix Pappula Podi with finely chopped onion. Add little oil to mix well and make a paste kind of consistency.
- This goes well with Jowar Roti, Chapathi.
Mix Pappula Podi with semolina dough, red chilly powder, salt and cumin/jeera. Knead the dough well. Roll them very thin on a greased parchment or butter paper and cook on dosa pan to make this super yummy and delicious snack.
Tip: You can also use the leftover dough from Bhakshyalu/Poli, Coconut Bhaksham, Pappu Bhaksham/Dal Poli and Thella Oliga.
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something yummy!!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube?
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog.com (Siri’s Food Lab) to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.