Cantaloupe Salad with Mint – karbooja in Telugu. This healthy and colorful recipe I have for you today is delicious in its simplicity and refreshing. It takes less than 10 mins to cool you this summer. This salad is gluten-free and vegan. This minty melon salad is perfect for parties and barbecue potlucks. You can easily double this recipe for a larger crowd, making a melon salad takes very little time, and really very easy to make with very few ingredients.
You first need to cube or scoop the melon into little balls. I just used 1 type of melon here but you can use a variety of melons like cantaloupe, honey due and watermelon. You may also add cucumbers, cherry tomatoes to make it even prettier and cool.
Melon balls, cubed red bell pepper and onion, stir together with equal parts honey and lemon juice in a bowl. Add chopped mint leaves and stir in until the melon is evenly coated in the honey mixture. The honey and lemon juice create an amazingly light, sweet and tart dressing that pairs so well with the melon. Then the mint adds just the right amount of zing, freshness, and color. This fruit salad would be absolutely lovely to be served at your next meal.
Step by step photo instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together apprx 2 cups cantaloupe, 1/4 cup red bell pepper and 1 tbsp onion.
2. Combine 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 pinch salt in a cup.
3. Pour over melon mixture, and toss to combine.
4. Sprinkle with minced mint and toss again.
5. Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to infuse flavors.
6. Garnish with fresh mint springs before serving.
How to make Melon Salad with Mint
PREP TIME: 8-10 MINS COOK TIME: 0 MINS TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS COURSE: SALADS/SIDES CUISINE: INDIAN, AMERICAN SERVINGS : 2
- cantaloupe chunks or balls – apprx 2 cups
- red bell pepper/capsicum – 1/4 cup
- red onion – 1 tbsp, diced
- honey – 1 tbsp
- lemon juice or rice wine vinegar – 2 tsp
- salt – 1/2 pinch
- mint leaves – 1 tbsp, minced
- In a large bowl, mix together cantaloupe, bell pepper and onion.
- Combine honey, lemon juice and salt in a cup.
- Pour over melon mixture, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with minced mint and toss again.
- Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to infuse flavors.
- Garnish with fresh mint springs before serving.
- You can make this salad a day ahead and store it in the fridge.
- I recommend draining off some of the melon juice before serving.
- If you want to prep it further in advance (up to 3 days), just cut the melons, and store them in separate containers. The dressing can be made in a jar. When you are ready to serve toss them all together with freshly chopped mint.
- Mint can be added while serving.
Hey, thanks for stopping by, make it a great day and make something yummy!!
Thanks for reading and subscribe to sirisblog.com (Siri’s Food Lab) to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.