This Beans is a simple one pot curry which is a perfect side for all Mexican dishes. Try this beans with Mexican rice to make it a complete meal. You can use this beans as a side for chapathi, poori and roti as well. oraganic canned beans are used in this recipe, to cut back on time. You may use the cooked regular black beans or pinto beans.
My other Mexican dishes that might interest you ..
Beans – Step by step photo instructions
- Heat a sauce pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add 2 tsp minced garlic and 1/2 cup chopped onions. Saute them for 2 mins.
2. Add 1/2 cup chopped green capsicum and saute for 3 mins.
3. Add 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp roasted cumin/jeera powder, 2-3 tbsp cilantro and 1 small chopped tomato. Mix well and saute for 3-4 mins.
4. Now add 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1 heaped cup cooked black beans. Mix well.
5. Add 3/4 cup water and salt. Mix, cover and cook till everything cooks well, boil around 8-10 mins.
6. Serve hot with Mexican Rice and tortilla. Beans can also be used in chipotle wrap, tortilla wraps, and in any Mexican dishes.
For Beans video recipe:
How to make Beans for Mexican Food
PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOK TIME: 16 MINS TOTAL TIME: 21 MINS COURSE: SIDES CUISINE: MEXICAN SERVINGS : 4
- cooked beans – 1 heaped cup
- tomato sauce/puree – 1/2 cup
- oil – 1 tbsp
- onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
- garlic – 2 tsp, minced
- green capsicum – 1/2 cup
- tomato – 1 small, chopped
- roasted cumin/jeera powder – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano – 1 tsp
- cilantro – 2-3 tbsp
- water – 3/4 cup
- Heat a sauce pan with oil. Add minced garlic and chopped onions. Saute them for 2 mins.
- Add chopped green capsicum and saute for 3 mins.
- Add pepper, oregano, roasted cumin/jeera powder, cilantro and tomato. Mix well and saute for 3-4 mins.
- Now add tomato sauce and cooked black beans. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup water and salt. Mix, cover and cook till everything cooks well, boil around 8-10 mins.
- Serve hot with Mexican Rice and tortilla. Beans can also be used in chipotle wrap, tortilla wraps, and in any Mexican dishes.
- You can use canned tomato sauce or puree, or you can make puree at home by blending tomatoes.
- Canned beans makes the cooking faster.
- You can also soak the beans overnight/5-6 hrs or soak the beans in very hot water for 1-2 hrs, then cook it in pressure cooker or instant pot. Then use in the curry.
[…] Beans […]