Nut and seed laddu with step by step photos. This is a quick easy healthy and delicious laddu recipe. This recipe is vegan friendly and gluten free. I used walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, flax seeds(golden or brown), and chia seeds. This healthy laddu is made without any sugar or jaggery. “Medjool dates” are used in this recipe. These dates are very moist and big in size. That gives nice bonding to nut laddus.
Use pitted dates. If they have seeds, remove the seed then use.
Flax seeds and Chia seeds have many benefits to our health. They are very nutritious and high in omega-3 fats, fiber and protein. They help to reduce cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure, and even cancers. They keep hunger at bay, which may aid weight control.
Sesame seeds also are very good for health. They have calcium, protein, fiber, rich in minerals. You can get more calcium from these than milk.
Almonds and walnuts have good and heart healthy fats, proteins and fiber.
The best part is, these laddus can be good choice of food for the fasting time, giving good nutrition and energy. and when you want to make something quick & easy sweet or dessert, this is the recipe. They are good for growing kids and they are going to love it. These laddus can also be taken in the morning with a glass of hot milk for breakfast.
Nut and seed laddu
PREP TIME:20 MINS TOTAL TiME:20 MINS COURSE:DESSERTS,SWEETS CUISINE:INDIAN MAKES:AROUND 20
Here I am showing pics of both golden and brown flax seeds in this post. You can use whatever is available to you.
- Almonds – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts – 1/3 cups
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 cup
- Flax seeds(golden or brown) – 1/2 cup
- Chia seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee or clarified butter – 1 tbsp (vegans can use vegan butter)
- Dates – 4
- Heat a pan with ghee, then add flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds. Roast them till they turn golden and aromatic, add almonds and walnuts. Fry them for 3 to 4 mins.
- Keep them aside and let them Cool.
- Grind them. Then add dates and grind them to a coarse powder. Taste it. If you feel the sweet is not enough, add 1 or 2 dates again and grind. Transfer this powder to a plate.
- Make small balls with your hands and the laddus are ready.
- Serve laddus immediately or store them in an air tight container. They stay good for a few days.
How to make laddu with step by step photos
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp ghee, then add flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds. Roast them till they turn gold and aromatic. Add almonds and walnuts. Fry them for 3 or 4 mins.
2. Keep them aside and let them Cool. Grind them. Then add dates and grind them to a coarse powder. Taste it at this stage. If you feel the sweet is not enough, add 1 or 2 dates again and grind. Transfer this powder to a plate.
3. Make small balls with your hands and the laddus are ready.
4.Serve laddus immediately or store them in an air tight container. They stay good for a few days.
- You can add more combination of nuts like cashew, pecans, unsalted pista.. or any seeds like sunflower, pumpkin…
- You can mix and match nuts and seeds. Experiment with more combinations. Adjust dates accordingly.
- Vegans can use vegan butter in place of ghee.
[…] can make flax seed laddoo or flax seed masala powder for easy […]