Pappula chutney with step by step photos. This chutney is very quick and easy to make and goes well with Pongal, Dosa, Idli, Dhokla and Upma.
You don’t have to roast anything to make this chutney. Just grind all the ingredients and give tempering and ready to eat.
How to make Pappula chutney
PREP TIME: 2 MINS COOK TIME:3 MINS TOTAL TIME:5 MINS COURSE:ACCOMPANIMENTS / SIDES CUISINE:SOUTH INDIAN SERVINGS : 4
- Roasted chanadal/Dhalia/Pappulu – 2/3 cup
- Fresh Coconut – 2/3 cup
- Green chillies – 4 (can go upto 8 if likes spicy)
- Salt – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp / to taste
- Lemon juice – 2 to 3 tsp
- Mint (optional)
- Grind Roasted chanadal, coconut, salt, cilantro, lemon juice, green chillies and mint. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice.
- Garnish with tempering.
- Goes very well with Pongal, Idli, Dosa and Upma.
Step by step instructions
- Grind Roasted chanadal, coconut, salt, cilantro, green chillies and mint. Add lemon juice. Mix. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice.
2. Garnish with tempering.
3. Goes very well with Pongal, Idli, Dosa and Upma.