This is a low calorie nutritious snack. Kale Chips are Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and also sugar and soy free. This is a snack for everyone without any guilt. Very simple and easy, anyone can make. This serves as a great side with rice, tastes very good when you mix crunchy kale with hot rice. It seems weird but true. Like potato chips, these are also addicting. Crispy, crunchy kale chips baked in the oven and seasoned to perfection.
Kale Chips – Step by step photo instructions
PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOK TIME: 15-20 MINS TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS COURSE: SIDES SERVINGS : 2
- kale – 1/2 bunch or 2-3 cups chopped kale
- olive oil – 2-3 tsp
- pepper – 1/4 tsp
- crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 300F. Remove the big ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Add 2 tsp olive oil, Massage the oil until all the leaves are coated with oil. Now sprinkle on the salt, pepper, crushed pepper and toss to combine.
2. Spread out the kale onto the prepared baking sheet into a single layer, don’t over crowd the kale. Place the baking sheet in the pre heated oven and bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Serve as finger food.
- Add your favorite spices like onion powder, chilli powder, garlic powder, paprika.. for variations.
- Adjust oven temperatures and timing depending on your oven.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Line the rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent mess and for easy cleaning.